Thursday, September 08, 2011

Reflections on the World Trade Center Site

As we approach the 10 year anniversary of the 9-11 attacks I was looking through my archive to see which images evoke memories of the past 10 years.  I thought I would share some shots from above and around the twin towers area.
The first photo is tweaked looking north from the tip of the battery.  Then you see the ramp into the bowl which was used for construction.  You also see a portion of the retaining wall which along with the ramp and the photo of the last piece of steel removed are part of the new museum, which opens 9-11-12.
The some images from above showing the area after the buildings are gone, and then some images of the towers I shot around 1993.  The image with the moon is a double exposure on fujichrome.  I used an 85mm lens for the city then put a 400mm with a 2x on for the moon and did the overlap in camera. 
The memorial area and park opens to the public on 9-12-11 and it is shaping up to be an amazing space to experience.










No comments:

Post a Comment

A Quick Look at the 1972 Hasselblad 500C/M

Just a few snaps of the awesome and durable 500C/M.