Thursday, July 05, 2012

NYC Fireworks 2012

This year I was able to shoot the fireworks from Pier 84 around 44th street on the west side.
I was a bit north of the barges but the view facing south was very nice on a hot summer night.

As usual the Macy's display did not disappoint.  Shooting fireworks is not really difficult once you set the camera on a tripod.  Most of my exposures were made around 15 seconds at F/22.  I would wait for the bursts to reach a full effect and expose, cover the lens for a couple seconds and wait for the next burst.  The reason I cover the lens in between is that I've seen the constant exposure shots show more of the smoke and fog.  Some choose to do faster exposures to freeze them - but I tried to get a nice bouquet and blur.































1 comment:

  1. I love how you captured the total evening's feel, not just the fireworks.

    ReplyDelete

A Quick Look at the 1972 Hasselblad 500C/M

Just a few snaps of the awesome and durable 500C/M.