Saturday, September 06, 2014

New York City Sunset Images













I was driving home down the NJ Turnpike and saw a nice sunset shaping up.  I reset Waze to take me to 800 JFK Boulevard which I know is a decent spot to view the cityscape.  
When I got there about 7:35p things were really looking good.  Clear skies, nice soft cloud, and a warm summer sun.  I had my X-E2 and X-T1 with me as well as a bunch of lenses but I settled on the XF23mm and XF56mm to give me most of what I needed.  The X-E2 had my hand grip on it with the built-in tripod plate so I was all set to mount it to my Induro tripod.  
This isn't meant as a test of anything since the light is always changing.  Just sharing some images from an easy winning scene.  The first shot at the top is a stitched series of three images.
 The first shot above around sunset.  Shortly afterwards the sky began to fill with color and there were some wonderful clouds hanging out.

This series shows a range of the aperture of the XF56mm.  Most of the differences are slight since the lens is wonderful all around.  The most notable change is the star points in the lights pointing out towards me.  Can you notice them?  I've included a screenshot at 100% below.
This range is - F/1.2 - 1.4 - 2.0 - 2.8 - 4.0 - 5.6 - 8.0 - 11.0 - 16.  Click to enlarge.







Screenshots here
Here are the screenshots of 1.2 and 16.  A noticeable difference!
The above image was shot at 28 seconds F/16.
 
I decided to get a little creative and put a twist on things as I shot.

Lastly a quick five frame HDR test.  Not a ton gained.  But the usual color boost.  All images were shot from ISO 200 to 400.


I am an employee of FUJIFILM North America Corporation.
The statements, comments and opinions expressed here represent my own, personal views and are not endorsed by, or affiliated in any way with, FUJIFILM North America Corporation or its affiliates.
bremler@fujifilm.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Quick Look at the 1972 Hasselblad 500C/M

Just a few snaps of the awesome and durable 500C/M.